The louderARTS Project is an arts organization committed to developing constructive and challenging spaces for artists to create, critique, present, and teach poetry.
The louderARTS Project seeks to:
- create a literary and artistic environment for both its artists and audience by expanding perspective, voice and critical vocabulary.
- sponsor literary arts programming in underserved communities.
- encourage experimentation and growth by its artists by creating opportunities to craft and present collaborative, cross-genre work incorporating mixed media, music, dance, and theatrical elements.
- foster a deeper understanding, within its artists and audience, of the oral and literary traditions which underlie today’s poetry.
- work in partnership with other organizations to maximize the strengths and expertise of each.
- Provide a safe and welcoming space for both artists and audience. (Please see our Safety Policy for more details.)